Discover how Filip Kobylecki Law, PLC can assist with waivers in your immigration journey.

What is an application for a waiver?

Travel Bans

If you are applying for an Immigrant Visa but are subject to a travel restriction, you will need to apply for a waiver or exception to address these grounds of inadmissibility. Generally, you are required to submit evidence of your eligibility for such a waiver or exception at the time of your consular interview or at the border. If approved, you may be able to enter the U.S. despite the travel restriction impacting your case. 

Grounds of Inadmissibility

If you are applying for permanent residency but are subject to grounds of inadmissibility due to health, security, criminal, or other concerns, you may seek to file an I-601 Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility. A successful I-601 application will waive the grounds of inadmissibility applied to your case and allow you to proceed with your application.


​212(e) Two-Year Home Residency Requirement

If your J-1/J-2 visa stamp or DS-2019 form indicates that you are subject to the 212(e) two-year home residency requirement, you can file to waive these requirements by preparing an I-612 Application for Waiver of the Foreign Residence Requirement. Our office assists with each type of 212(e) waiver argument, so that you can move forward with your life in the United States. 

What does our waiver service include?

If you are subject to a travel restriction, the 212(e) two-year home residency requirement, or other grounds of inadmissibility, we provide a standalone service to help you in obtaining a waiver from such restrictions. 


Our full service includes:

  • Drafting and preparation of a waiver/exception application package

  • Detailed advice on the submission of the waiver/exception request

  • Consultations with an attorney throughout your waiver/exception processing period

  • Follow ups and updates while your waiver/exception processes with the Department of State/USCIS


We draft a personalized waiver on your behalf and assist with the submission of this documentation. Some waivers can take many months to process, so we also diligently follow up with the relevant authorities to ensure a prompt decision is made. Whether you are filing a waiver request at a U.S. Embassy, completing an I-612 waiver, or need to file an I-601 waiver, our office is ready to fight for you and your family. 

Why should you choose Filip Kobylecki Law, PLC for this service?

Our approach to such waivers is based upon experience helping prospective immigrants develop persuasive arguments against United States immigration restrictions. 


We are passionate about drafting persuasive, evidence-based arguments to assist you as you seek to enter the United States. This service will ensure you are prepared for your consular interview or any immigration challenge you face with a detailed, comprehensive waiver/exception request that will give you the best chance possible to overturn the restriction impacting your case. 

Related Resources

Desk with computer monitor, vase with flowers, calendar, and steaming mug.

Schedule a Free Initial Consultation Call.